Home repairs can fall through the cracks sometimes. It takes time and money to make these repairs, and often you get so used to seeing them that you don’t even notice them anymore. Use the summertime’s good weather to finally tackle those repairs that you’ve been avoiding. Hiring a handyman Binghamton (if you live in the area) can help you if you feel yourself beginning to feel overwhelmed.
Walk around the outside perimeter of your home and take good notes on what you see. You might be surprised to see how many minor fixes can be completed in a weekend.
- Are the posts solid, the boards all in good shape? Does it need to be pressure washed, restained or replaced?
- Lawn and yard. Is the grass thick and green, or are there bare patches? Have your dogs stained the lawn with their urine and dug holes in it? Do your plants look shaggy and unkempt, your gardens overrun with weeds?
- The fall and winter months can leave siding looking worse for the wear, so check to see if you’ve started growing moss. Pressure wash your home with Simple Greento freshen it up and get rid of any buildup of dirt. Consider painting your house if it’s starting to look dingy and cracked.
The interior of your house can be tricky since there are so many things to look into. Like you did outside, take a walk through your home and see what you can do to improve it.
- It is expensive to replace the flooring, but it is worth it. Does your carpet look tattered and threadbare? Do your hardwood planks look scuffed? What about any tile or linoleum, do they have any cracks?
- Molding and baseboards. It’s easy to overlook these aspects of your home but take note. Are the baseboards dirty and chipped? Does the molding look uneven and dusty? Are the angles all cut correctly, or did someone do a half-assed job installing them?
- Drywall and paint. The longer you live in a house, the easier it is to damage drywall. Did someone accidentally make a big hole in their bedroom wall? Is the paint fresh and clean, or does it look dirty and outdated?
Take an afternoon to make notes of your home repairs that need to be done, and spend quality time getting those repairs done. Small changes make a huge difference, and you will be pleasantly surprised at how satisfying these changes are.